Thursday, October 2, 2008

1st Hand Research Study Report & Project Focus

This week's class included a 5-minute presentation from each student on research study results and project directions. It's pretty damn exciting to see all the different research methods incorporated. The probing method was contradictory in terms of purpose and focus, but fascinating in terms of feedback and responses of the users.

My 1st Hand Research Study Report can be found HERE.


The following 2 weeks will be dedicated for information analysis and data organizations, in order to put together the Design Brief. I still need to figure out a clear and effective way to present my data in a measurable presentation. Perhaps a graph, or a diagram would be useful.

After meeting with my instructor, Tom Bechor, I started to re-think about my project. Tom mentioned, it's critical to define the THEME, FOCUS, and MEDIUM of my project. By determining the differences and the definitions of each, the design criteria and my approach will be clear. What is my theme? it can be well-being.. gardening.. food production.. or even sustainability. Maybe, gardening in a limited space is ONLY the medium of my project, in order to communicate my theme of well-being. However I define it, will definitely determine how I approach this project. Honestly, this is the first time since I started this project, that I'm starting to think that the final solution can go WAY beyond balconies, patios, or window counters.. maybe, it can even be an installation piece? a performance?

No comments: