Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Own Little Green


For the purpose of research, I've decided to approach my 1st hand research process as a potential user. While planning my interviews and focus group session with participants in different fields of expertise, I also want to put myself in the position of the user, and experience possible concerns, and difficulties included in the activity of gardening.

I went to the market, and got myself a Little Green- a small pot of Basil plant.
My LG was initially plotted by the NHS industries in Langley, and brought to Vancouver for sale and distribution. By doing so, I also met Beverly, a nice lady who sold me my LG, who was extremely generous and helpful. She was nice enough to put up with my non-stop questioning. She agreed to participate as a professional consultant throughout the project. This is something really unexpected, yet extremely valuable and appreciated.

Even with just one small pot of basil, a serious amount of work is still required to ensure proper growth. I have no previous experience of gardening, other than growing red beans on cotton beds back in elementary. Over the next couple weeks, I will have to feed my LG with compost, separate bunches for more root space, and continue my regular watering schedule.
Hopefully, this little pot of basil, will give me tons of first hand experience, and continue to grow happily and beautifully.

1 comment:

chiexpo said...

I found Italian basil (Looks exactly like yours) at Granville Island today so I decided to take it home as well.

It smells nice. I am bit concern about my apartment lighting situation..

I just leave it as is for now. It would be nice to have ceramic pot for Mr. Basil.

I will let you know how it goes.